As we shrug off the chilly winter weather, it’s time to make way for a new season, filled with warmth and sunny days. Now that spring is officially here, it’s a great time to tackle your facility’s maintenance spring cleaning checklist as well as taking the time to clean up your electrical safety program. Oftentimes, the cold winter weather and heavy rainfall leading up to springtime can have some negative and damaging effects on your buildings power equipment. With a thorough cleaning and inspection plan in place, you and your facility can prevent unplanned outages and the headaches that come with them. The experts at NCE are sharing a spring-cleaning checklist for your electrical power facility so it’s ready for the warmer months ahead.
Electrical Power Facility Cleaning and Safety Checklist
Ensuring your equipment is running at optimal performance at all times is critical to your organization’s success. Outages caused by damages incurred over the winter can be costly and annoying while setting production time back. Following our simple checklist will ensure that your power equipment will be running error free with no chance of disruption.
- Have a NFPA 70E plan (Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace) in place and make sure employees understand it.
- Train and qualify employees in compliance with the NFPA 70E plan.
- Have an electrical one-line diagram posted in your facility, which describes the connections between the items in your electrical system.
- Label all equipment.
- Provide appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) to your staff.
- Perform all scheduled maintenance and cleaning on your facility’s equipment like cleaning, torquing and tightening.
- Perform tests on equipment to make sure they are installed and functioning properly with NCE’s Field Testing Services.
Why Perform Testing and Preventative Maintenance?
Having a well-established preventative maintenance plan in place is the best way to predict equipment failures as well as avoiding costly repairs this spring. At NCE, our maintenance programs are designed to help extend the life of your electrical equipment and provide operational safety and reliability while keeping productivity levels at an all-time high. Our unique programs can be customized to meet the individual needs of our clients, so whether your facility chooses an infrared thermal scan to spot dangerous disruptions quickly or your backup generator needs serviced, know the professionals at North Central Electric can help with all your spring cleaning needs. Contact us today for help with tackling your checklist!